While emphasis is placed on our core VFW and Auxiliary Programs, Auxiliaries also partner with other community organizations. Auxiliaries can report and be recognized for such community work through the Auxiliary Outreach Program.
When an entire Auxiliary partners with another organization outside our own, it is considered Auxiliary Outreach if the project was approved by the Auxiliary and recorded in the meeting minutes prior to the project.
- Participation in walks that benefit other organizations as an event spotter, water station volunteer, timekeeper, etc. (Walking or running in the race is not part of Auxiliary Outreach.)
- Working with local police on child ID kits.
- Working with firefighters on fire safety and prevention.
- Working with EMTs to host CPR training.
- Handing out food at soup kitchens.
- Partnering with an animal shelter to hold a spay and neuter clinic.
- Partner with a local community theatre to provide the house volunteers (ushers, concessions, etc.) for one weekend of performances.
- Working with parks and recreation departments to plant trees, adopt-a-park initiatives and develop community art installations.
VFW Auxiliary members work with other organizations in their communities, often individually, and often behind the scenes, but Auxiliary Outreach gives us the opportunity to work together as members alongside members of another organization to do more with local communities and to be recognized in doing so.
It has been clarified from National that there is no Monetary donations for this program. You can can count the members, projects and mileage but no MONEY.